26. Dezember 2009

My Christmas Tradition

Christmas Tree with decorationUsually we celebrate Christmas in Germany on 24th - in the Holy Night - before we go to the Mass into the church at 10 pm.

We start eating at 6 pm with Potato Salad and Sausage. Around 7 - 7.30 pm it's time for the "Christkind" (= Jesus as baby).

We go in our Living Room and sing several Christmas songs - Silent night might be the most famous one for you. Then the CD player will play the other Christmas songs :)

After singing, we can open the presents and while opening the presents around 8 pm, we eat the sweet Christmas cookies.

On the next day -25th, called the "1.Christmas Day" in Germany- we visit the relatives of my mother and on 26th- called the "2.Christmas Day"- we visit the relatives of my dad or they visit us.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Celebrating Christmas in Germany sounds fun :) We, sadly, do not celebrate it where I am from, but had the pleasure of celebrating it in the US, a few years ago. I remember having for Christmas gifts: 1. a game of chess set; 2. a hot sauce jar (this one I still can't understand and it was offered to me by a pregnant woman, who said the hot sauce reminded her of me. huh?! lol)

    AntwortenLöschen

Adgitize - Traffic and money